Submission GuidelinesATTN: Submissions for fiction and poetry are closed at this time. We are still accepting submissions of art and photography. Please check back for our future open reading period dates.
1. Maelstrom accepts submissions of poetry, short fiction, art, photography, and books for review.
2. For poetry, please send 3-5 poems.
3. For short fiction, please submit stories that are 5,000 words or less.
4. Graphics should be submitted in high resolution .jpg format.
5. Simultaneous submissions are accepted. No previously published works please.
6. Compensation is one contributor copy.
7. We acquire one time rights for the print and digital versions.
8. Please enter your submissions at https://maelstrom.submittable.com/submit(You will need to sign up for a free account to use this service if you’ve never used it before.)
9. Please remember to include your mailing address to receive your contributor copy if your work is accepted.
10. Books submitted for review consideration as well as snail mail submissions can be sent to Maelstrom ~ 194 Flame Dr.~Blakeslee, PA 18610
Interior art and photography will be printed in black and white unless it is selected for cover art, please submit accordingly.